The Doors.NET system uses the concept of of templates to facilitate
repetitive data entry when creating a new cardholder record. These
templates can be changed to suit your preferences. For example, a
template can be assigned a certain access group, or groups so that any
new block-enrolled cards (enrolled with that template) will all be
automatically assigned the same access rights.
Cardholder Template Settings
Cardholder Templates allow you to configure a specific
Activation Date and Expiration Date for card assignment. This is
typically used with the Block Enrollment feature.
Enable the Advanced View feature to enable the Cardholder Templates feature.
- Click the Template Entry box to enable the Cardholder Templates tab and click on the tab to open the Templates window.
- Click the Add Template button and the Properties data field opens.
- Enter a template Description.
- Enter an Activation Date for credentials created using this template.
- Current Date - enters the date the enrollment is performed.
- Fixed Date - does not enter a specific activation date. You will have to enter activation dates individually.
- Enter an Expire Date:
- Fixed Date - does not enter a specific expiration date. You will have to enter expiration dates individually.
- Calculate Date - enter the number of days past the activation date at which the credential should expire.
- Click the SAVE button when all information is entered.
Setting a specific Access Group (or Groups)Cardholder templates can be used in combination with Design
Mode to automatically assign an access group or a selection of access
groups to new cardholders. Any newly enrolled cardholders with the
template selected will automatically be assigned the access group that
is selected for the cardholder template.
- Click the Design Mode icon from the upper-left corner.
- Select the cardholder template from the template drop-down list.
- Go to the Access Rights tab and select the
access group(s) to use with this template (this can be done from any
cardholder record) but choose a cardholder that will use these access
- Click the save icon and you will see a notification informing you that you are changing the template.
- Click yes to this message.
- Click the Design Mode icon again to disable design mode.