Doors.NET - Admin Client Only Install
This guide explains how to install only the administrative client onto a PC, such as for installations where multiple client connections are required.
Note: A client is any PC that has the Doors.NET software installed. There can be more than one admin client but 1 x client connection is included. Additional, concurrent clients must be enabled on your Doors.NET license.
Important Note: If the host PC/Application Server PC software is updated you are also required to update any client PCs as well.
Installation Procedure via Webinstaller
- Download the latest version of Doors.NET from the www.kerisys.com website. Keri recommends downloading the full software installer (3.81GB) especially if you are unsure if the host PC has a fast, unrestricted internet connection.
Note: You will need to be registered for the www.kerisys.com website and then login with your username and password.
- Typically the downloaded file will be found in the Downloads folder on the PC.
- Double-click the self-extracting file.
- Wait a few moments while the file extraction initializes, then click the EXTRACT button.
- You can also right-click the file and select 'Extract All'.
- Once all the files have been downloaded, click on the DoorsNETInstaller executable.
- The installer will initialise.
- Welcome screen - The version to be installed will be displayed - along with the detected Windows operating system.
- Software License Agreement - Read through the agreement and place a check mark in the confirmation box.
- Customer Registration - Enter a user name and (optionally) and organization name.
Note: This is not the username that is used to log into Doors.NET. It is just for registration purposes.
- Type of Installation - Select Basic Installation.
- Verification - You should see the admin client, highlighted in green on the left. The installer will also install the report client, rollcall client and video client. Place a checkmark in the verification box to proceed.
- Destination Folder - This is the directory for all the supporting software files and folders (such as the help file). This should ideally be left at the default directory.
Note: You can install the client into a folder on a USB drive/memory stick. These files could then be manually copied onto the local drive of remote workstations to save you having to run the installer multiple times at each of the remote workstations.
- Shortcut Selections - Choose to create shortcuts for the Desktop and Start Menu, or both.
- Ready to Install - Simply click on the INSTALL button and the admin client installation will begin.
- Installation of the client should take somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes (depending upon the specification of your PC). When installation completes you will see a recommended option to run the License Manager. This is not necessary for a client-only install so click the Finish button and you will be ready to use the client.
Does Doors.NET Support Multiple Admin Client Connections?
Yes, Doors.NET supports an unlimited number of concurrent admin client connections. The standard version of the software comes with 1 x client connection. This means you can install the admin client onto as many remote machines as you like but you ...
Doors.NET Troubleshooting Guide
The following guide aims to assist you in troubleshooting and identifying some of the issues that may be encountered when setting up and using the Doors.NET software and supported hardware. The likely causes and suggested corrective actions are ...
Doors.NET - Full Manual
1.0 Introduction Welcome to the Doors.NET full manual. This comprehensive document covers everything you would need to know to setup and use a standard Doors.NET access control system and the NXT-MSC controller types. The document consists of ...
Doors.NET - Migrating a System
Migrating a Doors.NET System There are several steps that need to be taken to successfully transfer a Doors.NET installation onto a different host PC. It is important that these steps are performed in the exact order that they are listed: Note: The ...
Doors.NET - Quick Start Guide
1.0 Introduction This document covers the basic installation and configuration of Doors.NET with Standard NXT, PXL or NXT Mercury-Powered controller types. It assumes that the computer being used for the Doors.NET installation has a connection to the ...