Doors.NET Release Notes - 01298-012 Rev. A
Doors.NET v5.1.0 Software - 02635-012
OPERATING SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY
Doors.NET software IS COMPATIBLE with:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 - all versions
- Windows 11 - all versions
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
All other operating systems are NOT SUPPORTED.
Microsoft .NET Framework Notes:
- Doors.NET v4.8.0 and higher uses .NET Framework v4.8.
If your PC does not already have .NET Framework v4.8 installed, the Doors.NET installer will stop and prompt you to install it.
- All supported operating systems are compatible with Microsoft.NET Framework v4.6.2 or greater.
- PhotoID Badging requires .NET Framework v3.5. If you are running the Microsoft Server 2019 operating system, you must install .NET Framework v3.5 prior to installing Doors.NET software, or else the PhotoID installation will fail.
This is done through the operating system itself:
Server Manager > Manage > Add Roles and Features > Install .NET Framework v3.5
SQL SERVER COMPATIBILITY
If SQL is ALREADY INSTALLED on your computer:
The Doors.NET installer will poll the host computer and use the SQL version that is already installed.
This is true for both new Doors.NET installations and for Doors.NET upgrades.
If SQL is NOT INSTALLED on your computer:
64-bit computers using Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019:
SQL Server 2019 Express will be installed if SQL server is not already present.
64-bit computers using Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2:
You must manually install Microsoft SQL Server Express 2016 or 2017 if SQL server is not already present.
Link to Microsoft's SQL Server Express 2016 SP1 download page:
Link to Microsoft's SQL Server Express 2017 download page:
You must manually install the SQL revision appropriate for your operating system.
Keri recommends installing SQL Server 2014 (the last SQL Server supporting 32-bit computers).
Link to Microsoft's SQL Server Express 2014 download page:
Doors.NET software installation will not begin if a Windows Update is in progress or a computer restart is pending due to a Windows Update. Make sure all Windows Updates have been completed prior to installing Doors.NET.
SUPPORT FOR PXL AND ENTRAGUARD MODEM COMMUNICATION HAS ENDED
Doors.NET v4.8.0 Is the last software revision that will support modem communication for PXL and Entraguard products.
Modem communication for PXL and Entraguard units IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED beginning with Doors.NET v4.9.0.
Installers are notified of this change when selecting an Upgrade Installation in the Doors.NET installation program. Systems that have existing modem communication with controllers can continue to use modem communication using the existing configuration information. The Advanced View option will continue to display this information.
Any new controllers added to an existing system must be added using either a serial connection or a LAN network connection. Should someone attempt to select modem communications a popup message box appears stating modem communication is no longer supported. Further, should someone change an existing communication path from modem to serial or network that change is made permanent and there is no reverting to modem communication.
This change was made due to the rapid conversion by telecommunication providers from POTS lines, which are completely modem compatible, to VOIP lines, which do not transfer data packets reliably and have differences that vary from vendor to vendor, making it impossible for us to ensure modem compatibility with all VOIP vendors and the VOIP hardware they use.
You can switch from modem communications to either of the following communication methods.
For Data Communication with Either PXL or Entraguard Units:
- Keri recommends replacing your modems with a LAN-520 Ethernet module.
- Alternatively, if your computer has a serial communication port, you can use a direct-connection cable.
For Voice Communication with Entraguard Units:
- You will need a VOIP converter for voice calling between Entraguard units and tenants.
- Keri recommends the Cisco SPA 112 VOIP Adapter, however your ISP likely has their preferred unit.
FULL COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 11
Windows 11 has been approved for new installations of Doors.NET software from v4.8.0 and newer.
Windows 11 has been approved for older installations of Doors.NET software under the following conditions:
- The installation is upgraded to Doors.NET v4.8.0 or newer
- The installation has the SQL Express software upgraded to SQL Express 2019
A new installation means your Doors.NET software was a fresh software installation of Doors.NET v4.8.0 or newer. It was never upgraded from a previous Doors.NET software version. This caveat is necessary because Windows 11 requires Doors.NET software to use SQL Express 2019. Doors.NET software v4.4.0 and earlier revisions installs SQL Express 2016 which is NOT COMPATIBLE with Windows 11.
If you are using Doors.NET v4.4.0 and older, you MUST update your Doors.NET software to v4.8.0 or newer if you wish to use Windows 11. You also MUST upgrade SQL Express from the 2016 version to SQL Express 2019. Click >> here << for SQL Express upgrade instructions.
Keri has done extensive testing with Doors.NET v5.0.0 and strongly recommends installing Doors.NET v5.0.0 or higher to ensure compatibility with Windows 11. While we know that Windows 11 is compatible with Doors.NET v4.8.0 and v4.9.0, we have confined our testing to basic installations and basic operation. Keri will only actively test v5.0.0 versions and newer for Windows 11.
CLOUD DATABASE BACKUP/RESTORE
Doors.NET Cloud Backup/Restore allows customers to create Amazon Web Services (AWS) backups of their Doors.NET SQL Server database and all Doors.NET configuration files.
Cloud Backup/Restore is a subscription service with a 1-year license term which must be renewed annually to continue using Cloud Backup/Restore.
The main purpose of Cloud Backup/Restore is for customers to quickly and easily restore or recover their Doors.NET system from a cloud-based backup. This is valuable in cases where the Doors.NET system hard disk needs to be replaced or reformatted due to data loss or disk damage or if a system needs to be migrated to a new workstation.
OTIS DESTINATION DISPATCH
OTIS Destination Dispatch integration allows the Doors.NET software to integrate with an OTIS Destination Dispatch Elevator Control system via the use of Mercury LP4502 controllers, which in turn, communicate with the OTIS touchpad or touchscreen devices known as DECs. Destination Dispatch allows a facility to optimize elevator travel to reduce travel and wait times. Being able to group passengers according to their travel destination and point them towards the appropriate elevators.
The Destination Dispatch integration allows you to control up to 64 OTIS DECs with a single LP4502 controller.
DORMAKABA LOCK INTEGRATION
From Doors.NET v5.1.0 you can integrate with the dormakaba Wi-Q wireless technology and BEST door hardware products (when using Mercury's LP4502 controller). The integration provides seamless connectivity and management with the Wi-Q Gateway which, in turn, communicates with the WI-Q wireless access control hardware using Mercury's Over-Watch service (embedded in the LP4502 controller).
- Each Wi-Q Gateway can control up to 64 WI-Q controllers.
- SSL encryption between the LP4502 and the Wi-Q Gateway.
- Easy to setup and configure.
- AES 128-bit secure encryption.
- Supports extended cardholder modes (Passage and Manager mode) - providing advanced reader mode control without requiring time-consuming programming.
- Each Wi-Q Controller lock can store up to 14000 user credentials.
- Intelligence is stored at the controller/lock - providing full functionality even if the Wi-Q hardware is offline.
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant.
With many features and options, the integration provides a single-software solution for combining standard access control with the seamless addition of wireless locks.
MERCURY VERSION B HARDWARE SUPPORT- Added support for the new 'Version B' MR-52-S3 board. This board is a direct replacement for the existing MR-52-S3, but uses a different microprocessor to help alleviate the lead time for this board. It also has its own firmware revision. Currently, the MR-52-S3 is the only Version B hardware type. To keep up-to-date with Mercury's Version B hardware please visit the Mercury Security website - (https://mercury-security.com).
- Corrected an admin user interface property grid refresh issue (related to changes made with Elevator Control setup). Improvements have been made to the setup logic to ensure multiple changes to facilities are correctly saved.
- Remote client would intermittently not load all cardholders when using a remote client over a VLAN. For large systems, cardholders are now loading in incremental batches to ensure all records are displayed.
- Corrected an issue where the Generate PIN function was not triggering a save on the cardholder screen. Generate PIN now correctly triggers the save icons.
- Hardware ribbon group was displaying unsupported hardware types for NXT-MSC controllers. Corrected so that only Series 3 MR16 hardware now displays (and obsolete Series 2 MR16 modules are now hidden).
- The Doors.NET user interface was not limiting the number of Allegion readers to the maximum number supported per bus. This is corrected so that only 16 AD-400/WRI-400's can be added per controller (including when multiple PIM400s are used on different buses).
- Provided an option to run a report that will limit the report to one record per cardholder for a single day - (regardless of the number of access events generated by the cardholder). This will display a quick summary of who has accessed a monitored area on a particular day.
- Standardized how cardholder deactivations are handled in the PXL gateway between the cardholder form and the Deactivate button on the cardholder ribbon.
- Simulate Credentials feature now hides any formats that have not been correctly defined in the Credential Types menu.
- The Credential Types menu now allows up to 16 active formats to be used on any MSC Gateway controller type. Previously the maximum number of active formats was limited to 8.
- Credential Types menu now includes import and export buttons - providing the ability to import and export active credential formats (or a full list of formats).
- Corrected an issue with Anti-passback where an anti-passback free-pass was not being sent with a new cardholder record if the record was using the 'Unassigned' cardholder template. An anti-passback free-pass is now sent with every card record (even if the cardholder has no access group assigned).
- Corrected an NXT-MSC controller status issue where a controller configured with TLS encryption was not correctly reporting the online status as encrypted until a status request was performed. An online controller will now always display 'Online (Encrypted)' when TLS is configured on the controller.
- Corrected an issue where the Simulate Credentials feature was not being restricted to MSC hardware only.
IMPROVEMENTS TO BOTH DOORS.NET AND VISUAL DOORS
- Corrected an event reporting issue when manually adding a new PXL controller to an existing system. When a new controller came online an update network command began and an Update Network event was posted. When the update finished the "Update Complete" message appeared but the notice for "Update Network Required" was still active.
VISUAL DOORS IMPROVEMENTS
- Corrected an error being generated for cardholders imported from a Doors32 database. The expiration date was incorrectly being displayed as the same date as the activation - even though 'Never Expire' was selected.
- Corrected an issue that was preventing new alerts from displaying at a remote workstation if those alerts occurred while the remote client was disconnected.
CURRENT FIRMWARE REVISIONS
For NXT Hardware:
NXT-MSC Controller - v1.294
Standard NXT Controller - 2.05.80
NXT Controller Bootloader - 2.00.01
NXT Reader - 4.00.03
Standard and WIPLUS Reader Interface Modules (RIMs) - 3.03.21
Wiegand-Only Reader Interface Modules (now obsolete - replaced by the WIPLUS)
3.03.21 provides single-line LED support for Wiegand-Only RIMs
3.03.10 provides dual-line LED support for Wiegand-Only RIMs
4x4 I/O Module - 3.00.03
GIOX Motherboard - 1.00.21
GIOX Input Module - 1.00.10
GIOX Output Module - 1.00.10
Standard PXL Controller - 8.6.09
Legacy PXL Controller - 8.5.22 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
Standard Titanium and Silver - 7.8.02
Standard Platinum - 9.2.02
Legacy Titanium and Silver - 7.6.13 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
Legacy Platinum - 9.1.09 (requires a Legacy license for operation)
Neutron Controller - 1.00.19
Neutron Bootloader - 1.00.08
For Mercury LP Hardware:
LP Controller - v1.30.2 (new revision - see information below).
For Mercury EP Hardware:
EP Controller - v1.291
Mercury LP Controller Firmware v1.30.2
- Resolved an issue where access request buffers could be exhausted and lead to very slow card reads on intelligent controllers with many ACRs and rapid activity.
- Improved firmware download security.
- Resolved an issue where an improper command could be sent to an intelligent controller.
- Resolved an issue where files could be inappropriately deleted from an intelligent controller.
- Under certain conditions the EP and LP world timezone can be out by 1 hour when using the Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London timezone. This is corrected by restarting the MSC gateway.
- end of document -