Entraguard Firmware Chip Extraction Tool
The AMP chip extraction tool is provided to assist in the removal and replacement of chip carriers
used in the Keri Systems’ PXL-500/PXL-510 and EntraGuard Gold controllers.
- The Entraguard controller MUST be down-powered when changing the firmware chip
- Failure to use the extraction tool properly may permanently damage the chip and
- Locate the socket with the chip to be replaced. Notice the rectangular slots in two of the chip
corners. These are the slots in which the extraction tool is placed (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Chip Socket with Inserted Chip
- The extraction tool has a small hook at one end. This is the end that is to be inserted into the
extraction slots of the chip socket (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: Chip Extraction Tool
- It is important to use the extraction tool at the proper angle in order not to damage the chip and
socket (see Figure 3).
Figure 3: Correct Angle of Extraction Tool
- Insert the hooked end of the extraction tool into one of the extraction slots of the socket until it
hits the bottom of the socket.
- With a slight downward pressure, gently rotate the tool away from the chip until the corner of
the chip lifts away from the socket (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: Close-up of Chip Removal
- Repeat step 5 on the opposite extraction slot.
Note: DO NOT attempt to completely extract the chip from the socket on the first extraction.
Lift from one side until the corner is above the socket, then repeat the procedure on the opposite
corner. If necessary, repeat the procedure on each side until the chip is completely free of the
Entraguard Secure Lock Assembly Replacement
1.0 Introduction This document explains how to remove the original lock from an Entraguard controller and then how to install, in its place, the replacement lock assembly. The same steps apply to the Entraguard Silver, Titanium and Platinum ...
Entraguard Autoconfiguration in Doors.NET
As well as detecting the primary controller type, all Entraguard secondary controllers (and PXL secondary controllers) are also detected and added to the system using auto-config. Converted databases will, of course, already have the controllers ...
Basic Entraguard Controller Setup in Doors.NET
1.0 Introduction Entraguard Doors.NET installation and controller configuration is a three step process. Each of these steps has its own document, with controller configuration broken into separate documents per hardware type. • software installation ...
Entraguard Silver Data Sheet
Entraguard Titanium Data sheet