• NXT-3R Euro Mount Prox Reader
- 3.25 inches tall by 3.25 inches wide by 0.5625 inches deep
- 8.25 cm by 8.25 cm by 1.43 cm (not including wiring connectors)
• NXT-5R Mullion Reader
- 3.75 inches tall by 1.625 inches wide by 0.50 inches deep
- 9.52 cm by 4.13 cm by 1.27 cm (not including wiring connectors)
• NXT-1R Wall Switch Reader
- 4.50 inches tall by 3.00 inches wide by 0.625 inches deep
- 11.43 cm by 7.62 cm by 1.59 cm (not including wiring connectors)
• NXT-3R - 2.1 oz. (59g)
• NXT-5R - 3.2 oz. (90g)
• NXT-1R - 1.3 lbs. (582g)
- NXT-3R up to 4 inches (10 cm)
- NXT-5R up to 6 inches (15.24 cm)
- NXT-1R up to 5 inches (12.7 cm)
- +10 to 14 VDC @ 120 mA (maximum current draw at 12 VDC)
- 120 mA (maximum current draw at 12 VDC).
-40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65°C) – 0% to 90% Relative Humidity, non-condensing.
RS-485 Cable Requirements
bus runs can daisy-chain together an NXT-4x4 and NXT-Reader on one
line. The total cable run distance should be no more than 500 feet from
the NXT controller for runs with 4x4s and no more than 1,000 feet for
Controller Power, Inputs, and Outputs Cable Requirements
Total Run Length
# of Conductors
250 feet [a]
Shortest path [b]
Inputs and Outputs [C]
- To meet CE and C-tick regulations, the length of the controller power line can be no longer than
3 Meters (9.85 feet).
the shortest possible path from earth ground point to PCB. Connect the
earth ground only to the designated pin on the terminal block. This is
important as all transient protection for the unit is made through this
earth ground connection. For unit protection, the earth ground
connection should always be made first.
- Values listed are minimums. Individual input and output devices may have more specific
Lock Output relay may require a heavier gauge of wire depending upon
the current demands of the lock and the length of the lock wiring run.
- Cable resistance causes a drop in voltage at the end of long cable runs. Ensure the appropriate power and current
for your device is available at the device at the end of the cable run. Heavier gauge cable reduces this effect.
- Keri does not recommend hot-plugging a Reader, RIM, or 4x4 into an NXT controller.
Remove power from the controller prior to connecting these devices.
Tri-Color Standard (Red, Green, Amber).
125 KHz excitation, 62.5 KHz data return.
Lifetime warranty against defects in materials
* Read range is stated in a clean RF and electrical environment
with KC-10X card presented parallel to reader surface.
Note: Specifications subject to change without notice.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.