NXT 2D/4D Controller Factory Reset
Keri recommends resetting NXT controllers the first time these controllers are powered on. Also, under certain circumstances NXT controllers may need to be reset.
Note: Factory resetting a standard NXT controller will restore the controller to a factory default state. It removes all network
configuration data assigned to the controller such as the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway address.
Reset a Standard NXT Controller
- Remove power from the NXT controller.
- Ensure a Jumper is across the J3 header (refer to the drawing on page 1). The Jumper can remain on J3 at all times.
- Press the S1 switch and hold it down while applying power. Keep the button pressed until the Reset LED (D48) is lit.
- This indicates the reset routine has begun. Once the LED is lit, the button can be released.
DO NOT REMOVE POWER FROM THE NXT CONTROLLER WHILE THE RESET LED IS LIT.
- The Reset is complete when the Reset LED goes off.
Restore Configuration Information to a Reset Controller
1. In Doors.NET under Setup > Hardware Setup > Panels, click on the controller that was reset.
2. When the Communication field shows the controller is Online click the Update Network icon on the ribbon bar.
3. Click the Live Events tab and watch for the Update Network Completed event message.
When this message is posted the controller’s configuration information is restored.
NXT 2D/4D Controller Specifications
Size (Enclosure): 13.125” H x 10.625” W x 3.06” D (33.34 cm x 26.99 cm x 7.77 cm) Size (PC Board): 5.6” H x 6.6” W x 2.55” D (14.28 cm x 16.83 cm x 2.55 cm) Weight (In Enclosure): 4.95 Lbs (2.25 Kgs) Input Voltage: + 12 VDC nom. (10 - 14 VDC) Current ...
How to Assign a Standard NXT Controller an IP Address Without Using Doors.NET
You can assign an IP address to a standard NXT controller using the Keri NXT AutoConfig Update. The utility will detect any unassigned controllers and will allow you to configure the controller with a valid IP address. This utility is installed when ...
NXT 4-D Controller Wiring Diagram
Standard NXT Controller Setup
NXT Controller Setup NXT 4 door controller Introduction This document covers the basic configuration of NXT controllers in Doors.NET software. It assumes Doors.NET has already been successfully installed on your host PC, the software license has been ...
NXT Controller Firmware Upgrade
1.0 Introduction When you run the Doors.NET installer you will see an Application Requirements window. This window will inform you if standard NXT controllers need a firmware upgrade and the version they should be upgraded to. There will also be ...