NXT-MSC Controller - Firmware Upgrade
NXT Mercury Powered Controller Firmware Upgrade Procedure
When you run the installer you will see a notification if the MSC controller firmware needs upgrading.
You will also see a notification in live events when a new controller is added to the system.
Perform the following steps to upgrade the controller firmware.
NOTE:It takes approximately 2 minutes to upgrade the controller firmware but there is minimal system downtime because the controller will continue to function throughout most of the upgrade process. There is just a few seconds at the end of the process where the controller will not be functioning, during which time the controller will go offline then back online again.
- If a firmware upgrade is required, the required revision is listed in the Status Messages grid.
- Highlight the controller in the hardware tree.
- Click on the Firmware Upgrade icon on the toolbar ribbon.
- Windows Explorer automatically opens a window where the new firmware revision resides.
- Select the correct .CRC file and click Open.
- A notification message appears stating that the controller will go offline momentarily. Click YES and the new firmware file will be sent.
- Go to live events and you will see a Firmware Upgrade Has Started message.
- Within approximately 2 minutes you will then see a Firmware Upgrade has Completed message (followed by numerous messages that are generated as the controller performs a self test).
- Go to the Controllers grid and you will see that the new firmware version will be shown.
Your MSC controller is now ready for configuration and operation
Note: Typically a firmware upgrade is to a newer version, but downgrading to an older version is allowed. However each Doors.NET software revision has minimum firmware revision requirements. Proper software and hardware operation is not guaranteed if you downgrade to a firmware revision that is out-of-date for the software revision installed.
NXT-MSC Controller - Controller Setup Guide
1.0 Introduction This document explains how to access and change the NXT Mercury-Powered settings via Doors.NET Design Mode or using an older version of Mozilla Firefox web browser. It also explains how to factory reset the controller, import the ...
How to I Update the NXT-MSC Controller Firmware?
Q. How Do I Update the NXT-MSC Controller Firmware Using the Doors.NET Software? A. The following video explains how to update the firmware on an NXT-MSC 2 or 4-door controller:
NXT-MSC V1.293 Firmware Release Notes
Here attached is the v1.293 NXT-MSC controller firmware release notes.
NXT-MSC Controller - Advanced and Extended Features
1. 0 Introduction The NXT-MSC (Mercury-Powered) controller is programmed with the firmware of a Mercury EP1502 controller. It has all the standard and advanced functionality of an EP1502, such as: temporary cards (by use count, number of days or ...
NXT-MSC - Controller Encryption
1.0 Introduction The ability to encrypt the communications path is needed when that path includes a network that is shared and carries other data. In the case of a serial connection, physical access to the communication wires is required and ...