NXT-MSC 2D/4D Controller Specifications
1.0 NXT-2D/-4D Dimensions
- NXT Enclosure - 13.00 inches high by 10.5 inches wide by 3.00 inches deep
- 33.02 cm by 26.67 cm by 7.62 cm.
- NXT Controller PCB - 6.50 inches high by 5.50 inches wide by 1.00 inches deep, not including wiring connectors
- 16.51 cm by 13.97 cm by 2.54 cm.
2.0 Power Requirements
- 10 to 14 VDC @ 2.5 A (maximum current draw for a fully loaded NXT-2D/-4D controller).
2.1 Current Requirements at 12 VDC
• 650 mA max for an NXT-4D Controller
• 570 mA max for an NXT-2D Controller
• 210 mA max for each NXT-4x4
• 85 mA max for each NXT-1R, NXT-3R, NXT-4R, or NXT-5R Reader
• 115 mA max for each NXT-6RK Reader
• 50 mA max for each NXT-RM Reader Interface Module
• 250 mA max available per bus for use by peripherals
Note: Your power supply must be able to provide the cumulative power requirements for each controller, including all peripherals connected to the controller. Keri strongly recommends using one power supply per controller. Keri also recommends using separate power supplies for the electronic locking devices (magnetic lock, door strike, etc). Should you decide to use the same power supply for both the controller and the electronic locking device, ensure the power supply provides enough current to drive the controller, the locking device, and any peripherals that may be connected (i.e., reader, 4x4, RIM), including an adequate safety margin.
- 1 A @ 24 VDC
4.0 Operating Conditions
- 32°F to 150°F (0°C to 60°C) – 0% to 90% Relative Humidity, non-condensing
5.0 Battery/Memory Retention
- 5-year lithium battery backup to support controller RAM and real-time clock
6.0 Cable Options
RS-485 bus runs can daisy-chain together an NXT-4x4 and NXT-Reader on one line. The total cable run distance should be no more than 500 feet from the NXT controller for runs with 4x4s and no more than 1,000 feet for Reader-only runs.
6.1 RS-485 Cable Requirements
bus runs can daisy-chain together an NXT-4x4 and NXT-Reader on one
line. The total cable run distance should be no more than 500 feet from
the NXT controller for runs with 4x4s and no more than 1,000 feet for
Recommended RS-485 Cable Types
6.2 Controller Power, Inputs, and Outputs Cable Requirements
Total Run Length
# of Conductors
250 feet [a]
Shortest path [b]
Inputs and Outputs [C]
- To meet CE and C-tick regulations, the length of the controller power line can be no longer than
3 Meters (9.85 feet).
the shortest possible path from earth ground point to PCB. Connect the
earth ground only to the designated pin on the terminal block. This is
important as all transient protection for the unit is made through this
earth ground connection. For unit protection, the earth ground
connection should always be made first.
- Values listed are minimums. Individual input and output devices may have more specific
Lock Output relay may require a heavier gauge of wire depending upon
the current demands of the lock and the length of the lock wiring run.
- Cable resistance causes a drop in voltage at the end of long cable runs. Ensure the appropriate power and current
for your device is available at the device at the end of the cable run. Heavier gauge cable reduces this effect.
- Keri does not recommend hot-plugging a Reader, RIM, or 4x4 into an NXT controller.
Remove power from the controller prior to connecting these devices.
NXT-MSC Controller - Controller Setup Guide
1.0 Introduction Doors.NET installation and configuration is a three step process. Each of these steps is covered separately in the help file and there are also separate standalone documents available: Doors.NET Software Installation (document P/N: ...
NXT-MSC 2D/4D Controller Hardware Installation Guide
1.0 Introduction This document contains basic information for the installation of the NXT-MSC 2D and 4D controllers. 2.0 Important Note: Keri Public Statement on the Amazon Key Keri does not support the use of the Amazon Key on Keri controllers. The ...
NXT-MSC 2D Data Sheet
NXT-MSC (Mercury-Powered) 2-Door Controller Data Sheet
NXT-MSC 4D Data Sheet
NXT-MSC (Mercury-Powered) 4-Door Controller Data Sheet
NXT-MSC - Controller Encryption
1.0 NXT-MSC Controller Encryption Introduction The ability to encrypt the communications path is needed when that path includes a network that is shared and carries other data. In the case of a serial connection, physical access to the communication ...