PXL-500 Controller Address Change
PXL - Change Controller Address
Viewing the Controller's Address
To view the controller address, click S1. The controller address will appear on the display for a few seconds.
Setting the Controller's Address
- To set the desired operating address for the controller, verify the jumper to JP10 is NOT installed (if the jumper on JP10 is installed, the controller RAM will be reset when the power is turned on).
- Hold the S1 Options Button down and turn the controller's power on. The beeper for the reader attached to the controller will beep as power comes on.
- Release S1.
- The address display LEDs then become active and the controller's address can be set. If an Alpha/Numeric Display is connected to the controller, “ADDRESS CHANGE” will appear on the display.
- The address range is from 1 to 128 (the Master Controller must be set to address 1). Quickly double clicking S1 toggles between increasing and decreasing the controller address. The top LED character will display either a "+" or a "-" to show which direction is active. A single click of S1 changes the controller address by 1. If you're at address 128, a +1 click will roll the address over to 1; conversely, if you're at address 1 a -1 click will roll the address over to 128. Holding S1 down rapidly scrolls through the addresses. After the new address has been set, you must wait approximately 30 seconds after releasing the S1 button. After 30 seconds, the selected address will be set.
- You will hear a beep-beep from the reader.
- The controller's address LEDs will then turn off.
- If an Alpha/Numeric Display is connected to the controller, “UNIT ##” will appear on the display - (where ## is the controller's address).
- To ensure the address change will be recognized by Doors.NET, power down the controller.
- Then, after verifying the JP10 jumper is NOT installed, apply power to the controller.
- The controller is now ready to be used with its new address.
Note: When the controller’s address is changed the RAM is automatically reset. A Total Update must be performed from
PXL-500 Controller Factory Reset
PXL-500 Standard Factory Reset Procedure If you're turning controller power on for the first time, or have just changed the EPROM/PIC, the PXL-500/PXL-510 controller RAM must be reset before performing any other action... this clears any spurious ...
PXL-500 Controller Setup in Doors.NET
1.0 Introduction This section covers the basic configuration of PXL controllers in Doors.NET software. It assumes Doors.NET has already been successfully installed on your host PC, the software license has been activated, and the PXL gateway has been ...
PXL Controller Firmware Upgrade
PXL Controller Firmware Upgrade Procedure 1.0 Introduction PXL controllers do not have flash firmware and so they require a physical chip change. The PXL Firmware Upgrade ship kit comes with a chip extraction tool to assist with the removal and ...
PXL-500 Firmware Chip Change Procedure
PXL-500 Firmware Chip Extraction Tool The AMP chip extraction tool is provided to assist in the removal and replacement of chip carriers used in the Keri Systems’ PXL-500/PXL-510 and Entraguard controllers. Upgrade the EPROM Note: If the PXL ...
PXL-500 Controller Installation Guidelines
When Installing Controllers DO • If using modems for communication plan ahead to meet power and any telephone requirements for your system (1 phone line for the modem connected to the host computer and one for each master PXL-500/PXL-510 in each ...