PXL-500 - LED Definitions
1.0 Reader LED Responses to Access Control Events
During day-to-day activity, the reader will respond to access control events in a specific manner. The Table below provides a summary of the reader's LED and beeper actions during access control events:
|Event||Reader's LED Status||Reader's Beeper Status|
|Waiting for an event||displays a steady Amber LED||silent|
|Access Granted||displays a Green LED until the door is closed or the door unlock time is reached||one long Beep|
|Access Denied||flashes a Red LED||one short Beep|
|Door Alarm||flashing Red LED for the duration of the alarm condition||pulsating Beep for the duration of the alarm condition|
|Door RTE||displays a Green LED until the door is opened or the door unlock time is reached||one long Beep|
2.0 Controller LED Definitions
- LED 1 (Fuse LED) - Indicates if there is a power problem and if the thermal power fuse is open. In normal operation this LED should be off.
- LED 2 and LED 3 (TxD and RxD) - Both LEDs should be solid green when making a Serial connection.
- LED 4 and LED 5 - Not Used.
- LED 6 (Lock LED) - The lock LED will be solid green when the lock relay is active.
- LED 7 (Alarm LED) - The alarm LED will be solid green when the alarm relay is active.
- LED 8 (Power LED) - Indicates correct input power - LED will be solid green when the controller is receiving the correct voltage. It will be solid red if there is a power-problem.
- LED 9 (Comms LED) - Indicates when the controller has good RS-485 comms. The LED will be flashing green when the controller is communicating on the RS-485 network.
- LED 10 (Reader Voltage LED) - Indicates when the Wiegand reader output on a PXL-500W is set for 12VDC - LED is solid red when the Wiegand reader voltage is set to 12VDC
PXL-500 Troubleshooting Guide
Following is a list of possible scenarios you may encounter when setting up or using the PXL-500 controllers. You will then see a possible solution or a list of possible solutions listed in order of the most likely cause: Reported Issue Possible ...
PXL-500 Controller Factory Reset
PXL-500 Standard Factory Reset Procedure If you're turning controller power on for the first time, or have just changed the EPROM/PIC, the PXL-500/PXL-510 controller RAM must be reset before performing any other action... this clears any spurious ...
PXL-500 Quick Start Guide
1.0 Introduction This quick start guide provides, basic installation information, drawings, first time power-on instructions, and short descriptions of key terms and concepts for installing controllers. These instructions apply to the PXL-500 ...
PXL-500 Hardware Installation Guide
1.0 Introduction This document contains basic information for the installation of the PXL-500 Tiger Controller. 2.0 Product Specifications 2.1 Unit Dimensions • PXL-500/PXL-510 controller PCB - 6.75 inches high by 6.00 inches wide by 1.75 inches ...
PXL-500W Wiegand Reader Connecting
The PXL-500W controller can be configured to accept input from single-line LED, dual-line LED, and Essex keypad Wiegand input devices (through the Doors.NET™ software). Note: The Wiegand Reader must transfer data according to the Security Industry ...