PXL-500 - Recommended USB-Serial Adapters
Because of the vast number of different manufacturers and models of USB-to-Serial adapters it would be impossible for us to verify the functionality of each one.
Here is a list of specific models of adapter that are approved and recommended for use with the PXL-500 controller.
1. Tripp-Lite Keyspan Model USA-19HS: Keyspan driver version 184.108.40.206, Driver Date = 5/13/2010
2. Plugable Model PL2303-DB9, Prolific Chipset PL-2303 HXD: Prolific driver version 220.127.116.117, Driver Date = 9/4/2015
3. TrendNet Model TU-S9, Prolific Chipset PL-2303 HXD: Prolific driver version 18.104.22.1687, Driver Date = 9/4/2015
4. QVS Model UR-2000M2, Prolific Chipset PL-2303 RA: Prolific driver version 22.214.171.1247, Driver Date = 9/4/2015
5. Best Buy Insignia Model NS-PU99501, Prolific Chipset PL-2303 RA: Prolific driver version 126.96.36.1993, Driver Date = 10/17/2013
6. I/O Gear Model GUC232A: ATEN / Prolific driver version 188.8.131.52, Driver Date = 10/15/2009
7. FTDI chipset generic adapter: FTDI driver version 184.108.40.206, Driver Date = 7/12/2013
It is also recommended to install the device driver that comes with the device. Otherwise, ensure the PC is connected to the internet when installing the device (so that Windows can also search the internet for the correct driver).
PXL-500 Setup With a USB-Serial Adapter
This guide explains how to setup a connection to a PXL-500 Primary controller using a USB-serial adapter. The adapter used in this example is the Keyspan 19-HS by TRIPP-LITE - a USB-Serial adaper that Keri Systems recommends. It is robust, ...
PXL-500 Hardware Installation Guide
1.0 Introduction This document contains basic information for the installation of the PXL-500 Tiger Controller. 2.0 Product Specifications 2.1 Unit Dimensions • PXL-500/PXL-510 controller PCB - 6.75 inches high by 6.00 inches wide by 1.75 inches ...
PXL-500 Controller Setup in Doors.NET
1.0 Introduction This section covers the basic configuration of PXL controllers in Doors.NET software. It assumes Doors.NET has already been successfully installed on your host PC, the software license has been activated, and the PXL gateway has been ...
PXL-500 Troubleshooting Guide
Following is a list of possible scenarios you may encounter when setting up or using the PXL-500 controllers. You will then see a possible solution or a list of possible solutions listed in order of the most likely cause: Reported Issue Possible ...
PXL-500 Quick Start Guide
1.0 Introduction This quick start guide provides, basic installation information, drawings, first time power-on instructions, and short descriptions of key terms and concepts for installing controllers. These instructions apply to the PXL-500 ...