PXL Controller Firmware Upgrade
PXL Controller Firmware Upgrade Procedure
PXL controllers do not have flash firmware and so they require a physical chip change. The PXL Firmware Upgrade ship kit comes with a chip extraction tool to assist with the removal and replacement of chips - failure to use the extraction tool properly may permanently damage the chip and/or the socket.
Note: If the PXL controller has an SB-593 connected THIS MUST BE REMOVED before you can change the PXL chips. YOU MUST NOT CHANGE THE CHIP on the SB-593 (satellite board).
- Locate the socket with the chip to be replaced. Notice the rectangular slot in two of the chip corners. These are the slots in which the extraction tool is placed.
- The extraction tool has a small hook at one end. This is the end that is to be inserted into the extraction slots of the chip socket.
- It is important to use the extraction tool at the proper angle in order not to damage the chip and socket.
- Insert the hooked end of the extraction tool into one of the extraction slots of the socket until it touches the bottom of the socket.
- With slight downward pressure, gently rotate the tool away from the chip until the corner of the chip lifts away from the socket.
- Repeat step 5 on the opposite extraction slot.
Important Note: DO NOT attempt to completely extract the chip from the socket on the first extraction. Lift from one side until the corner is above the socket, then repeat the procedure on the opposite corner. If necessary, repeat the procedure on each side until the chip is completely free of the socket.
Typically you will not be required to change the larger PIC chip as it will most likely already be at v2.11. If the PIC is at a revision less than v2.11 then it will need to be changed. Use the long edge of the chip extraction tool to first loosen the connection at the bottom of the PIC and then use the tool to loosen the top end of the PIC. You should then be able to gently lift the PIC from the socket.
PXL-500 - Upgrade Advisor
This article explains how to use the new version of the PXL Upgrade Advisor. 1.0 Download the PXL Upgrade Advisor Download the New Upgrade Advisor from here: Save the entire zip file to a specific folder on the host PC. 2.0 Extract the Contents of ...
PXL-500 Firmware Chip Change Procedure
PXL-500 Firmware Chip Extraction Tool The AMP chip extraction tool is provided to assist in the removal and replacement of chip carriers used in the Keri Systems’ PXL-500/PXL-510 and Entraguard controllers. Upgrade the EPROM Note: If the PXL ...
PXL-500 Controller Setup in Doors.NET
1.0 Introduction This section covers the basic configuration of PXL controllers in Doors.NET software. It assumes Doors.NET has already been successfully installed on your host PC, the software license has been activated, and the PXL gateway has been ...
PXL-500 Controller Data Sheet
PXL-500 Controller Data Sheet
PXL-500 Troubleshooting Guide
Following is a list of possible scenarios you may encounter when setting up or using the PXL-500 controllers. You will then see a possible solution or a list of possible solutions listed in order of the most likely cause: Reported Issue Possible ...